For most Canvas support tools, you should go to The Canvas Support Portal, but this is a collection of SMU-specific tutorials to answer frequently asked questions.
- Getting Help in Canvas
- Migrating Files from Blackboard to Canvas
- Web 2.0 Assignments in Canvas
- Term Start/End Checklist
- Getting Notified of Changes to Canvas
- Requesting Features in Canvas
- Faculty & Staff Administrator Access to Canvas
- Copying Rubrics from MS Word into Canvas' Rubrics Tool
- Copy Your Course and Re-Align Course Learning Outcomes [UPDATED for SPRING 2014!]
- Aligning Assignments to Outcomes (In a Blank Course) [UPDATED for SPRING 2014!]
This guide will help you get help for all your Canvas-related issues.
To successfully migrate your course from Blackboard to Canvas, you will need to create a Blackboard Course Export file from within your current Blackboard course, then import that file into your Canvas course using the Import Wizard. These two pages will show you how to do that.
- [REVISED!] Importing a Blackboard Archive into Your Canvas Course
- How to Migrate your Test Banks from Blackboard to Canvas
Some of us have gotten used to using CampusPack Web 2.0 tools to bring interactive capabilities into Blackboard. CampusPack will soon be integrated into Canvas, but in the meantime you can use Canvas' own built-in tools to add interactivity to your online assignments.
- Creating a Reflection Journal in Canvas
- Using Canvas' Wikis and Collaborations for Interactive Documents
- Podcasting Multimedia Content in Canvas
- Blogging and Canvas
Follow the link for a simple checklist for your start-of-term setup tasks or good things to do when concluding a course.
The Canvas interface is constantly being updated, which means that certain features may unexpectedly look or work differently than they had previously. While these updates continually improve the Canvas experience, but the new features may upset your usual ways of working.
If you would like to get notifed of Canvas changes before they happen, you can subscribe to the Canvas Release Notes page.
If you have suggestions about features and functionality that should be part of Canvas, you might want to fill out a feature request. You can search the feature request forums to see if someone else has submitted your idea, and create a new ticket if they haven’t!