Faculty Scholarship Grant Program (FSGP)
This internal grant program is intended to support faculty scholarship that is aligned with the University’s mission and vision and that advances the Division of Academic Affairs’ strategic priorities. The FSGP serves as a source of major financial support for faculty who are on a trajectory that could result in external funding for their scholarship as well as for faculty whose field of scholarship may not result in external funding, but whose scholarly work is nevertheless valuable to the University and the communities it serves.
Faculty Research "Seed" Grant Program
The purpose of the Faculty Research "Seed" Grants program is to provide funding to help SMU faculty in any one or more of the following:
- Development of new research projects/programs
- Development and growth of ongoing research projects/programs
- To serve as seed monies to help faculty obtain external funding
- To support faculty-mentored student initiated research projects
Completed proposals are submitted to the Faculty Organization Research Committee (FORC) for review, scoring and final recommendation to the SMU Office of Academic Affairs. Assistance in developing proposals is available through the FORC.
Faculty Grant proposals may be submitted to the FORC by February 15th, June 15th, and October 15th each year. Proposals received after the deadline will be held until the next deadline due date.
Proposals should be emailed to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Following are links to proposal application materials and scoring rubrics:
- Faculty Scholarship Grant Program (FSGP) and Faculty Research "Seed" Grant Application Package
- Faculty Scholarship Grant Program (FSGP) and Faculty Research "Seed" Grant Budget Template
- Categories of Funding for the Faculty Scholarship Grant Program (FSGP)
- Scoring Rubric for Faculty Scholarship Grant Program (FSGP) (coming soon)
- Scoring Rubric for Faculty Research "Seed" Grants (and Student-Led Research Projects) (coming soon)