Academic and Instructional Innovation is part of the Library/AII Department committed to supporting faculty and students' mastery of online instructional tools and techniques.
Academic and Instructional Innovation is responsible for evaluation, design, development, implementation, and training of instructional and academic focused technology. We are responsible for assisting faculty in leveraging technology for teaching and learning online and in the classroom.
Go to our new CANVAS RESOURCE PAGE to sign up for our faculty training program and learn more about the unique features of Canvas.
- Develop and maintain training materials;
- Conduct training workshops;
- Participate in projects designed to enhance the learning experience;
- Assist faculty with designing curricular materials for web-enhanced and online delivery;
- Collaborate with faculty/staff to analyze academic technology and learning requirments, recommend technology solutions, and implement appropriate delivery systems;
- Support and troubleshoot matters concerning existing academic focused technology tools.
- Integrating adult learning theory and evidence-based instructional design methodology;
- Performing needs assessments and incorporating appropriate evaluation strategies and metrics for continued improvement;
- Ensuring compliance with educational standards, and best practices relevant to online learning and academic/instructional technology; and
- Providing excellent support to faculty, staff, and students.
Senior Instructional Designer
Office: 510.869.6511 x3631
Office: 510.869.6511 x4329
24/7 Canvas Support Line:
Canvas Support Online: