Blackboard will be offline for up to fifteen (15) hours starting at 9:00pm Friday, February 20th. We are expecting to be back online no later than 12:00pm Saturday, February 21st. During this time period our Blackboard technicians will install Service Pack 6 (Build: 8.0.475.0).
The upgrade will improve browser support and fix a few Grade Center issues. The highlights of this release include:
Browser Support Improvements:
Grade Center Fixes:
- Fixed problem with last access data reports
- Assignment feedback is no longer truncated after a double quotation mark.
- Grade distribution statistics are now accurate for weighted columns.
- Dropping the lowest grade from a calculated column now works properly.
- Downloading and uploading Grade Center data now works properly.
- Manually entering a grade for a column where the calculated grade is an average of multiple attempts now works properly.
New Building Blocks to Explore:
- Wimba Pronto Basic: Instant messaging system designed specifically for educators to advance and promote learning. [Free]
- Acxiom Identify-X: Enables identity verification using real-time challenge questions which are based on public information.
- Echo360 Lecture Capture: Lecture capture tool which enables instructors to publish customized content right to their Blackboard course.