CampusPack Web 2.0 Tools
Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, Private Journals, Discussion Boards, and Social Networking inside your Blackboard.
This is a resource for SMU faculty who are interested in harnessing the power of Web 2.0 technologies like blogs, podcasts, wikis, and private journals in their classes. CampusPack 4.0 is a software package from Learning Objects that delivers blogs, wikis, podcasts, private reflection journals, discussion boards, and social networking for use inside of Canvas. These tools can facilitate collaboration, enhance critical reflection, and enable students and faculty to collaborate more effectively.
If you want to just jump right in, go to the Campus Pack Quick Start Guide.
This guide gives a basic overview of:
- Adding a blog, wiki, journal or podcast to a course.
- Subscribing to get email updates whenever new content is added.
- Exporting your Campus Pack sites for use on other websites.
- Configuring the settings of your new Campus Pack site.
- Setting Permissions to decide who can view, author, and administer your Campus Pack site.
- Adding Widgets to provide extra functionality to your site, like polls, social sharing buttons, and user discussions.
- Assessment tools to help instructors grade student performance on class wikis, blogs, journals, and podcasts.
- Managing Attachments so you can see all the files attached to your campus pack sites.
- Recycling your sites for use in another blackboard course.
Campus Pack Course Spaces
Campus Pack tightly integrates with your existing learning management system so assignments leveraging social media tools live alongside other course content.
- Create collaborative and interactive assignments
- Build and store assignment templates
- Develop student-generated knowledge repositories
- Increase the visibility of students' work and facilitate peer review
- Provide unique assessment features
- Engage students with the social media tools they already use, within the context of the LMS they already know.
Campus Pack Group Spaces can be used as community meeting spaces where you and your colleagues can collaborate, communicate, and work together.
Click here to learn more about what Group Spaces can do.
Campus Pack Personal Spaces are a private place for each user to create content, share content, and connect with others at the institution. Two of the most popular activities in the Personal Space are ePortfolio development and Personal Development Planning. Read more about personal spaces here.
Campus Pack Personal and Group Spaces Recorded Webinar (Click Here to View)
A Personal Space for an Instructor. In this case, the instructor is accessing their PLS from within the Learning Management System (LMS), however, these spaces can be made directly accessible to individuals without the need to login to the LMS.
Additional Features of Campus Pack
Read the in-depth User Guide for faculty, staff, and students.
View short video tutorials to walk you through the use of CampusPack tools.
To learn more about the possibilities that CampusPack gives you, you contact Ted Curran to develop a plan for implementing Web 2.0 tools in your course.