The Family Nurse Practitioner program is designed for nurses who already have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Applicants are considered for admission based upon the following:
- Baccalaureate in nursing from a regionally accredited college or university (RNs with degrees in other fields will be evaluated individually)
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the state of California
- Clinical practice experience. 12 months is preferred, but not required. Experience in your BSN program will be considered.
- Two letters of reference addressing your clinical expertise and academic preparation for the program.
- MSN-FNP Option: Successful completion of a statistics course with no expiration.
- DNP-FNP Option: Successful completion of a statistics course within the most recent three (3) years. Courses maybe completed at a regionally accredited community or four year college, online, or by completing a CEU S101 and S201. Credit must be completed by the start of the program.
Students are selected for an interview based upon the content of the application they submit to NursingCAS. An in-person or phone interview is required to be selected for admission.
Students who need disability accommodations may request them by emailing email Elisa Laird-Metke at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give as much notice as you can to allow time to set them up. Further information about the Disability Resource Center can be found here.
Students Educated Outside of the United States
The need for the TOEFL will be assessed based on information provided by the applicant on the application for admission. If the TOEFL is required, applicants must achieve a minimum score of 100 (Internet Based Test). Scores must be submitted during the application process.
International Transcript Evaluation Agencies
Students who have completed their degrees outside of the United States will have to have their degrees evaluated for United States baccalaureate equivalency, also known as a course-by-course/comprehensive evaluation. Please click here for a list of international transcript evaluation agencies.