Employee-Owned Electrical Equipment- Policy
- No employee-owned equipment may be used in the University that is not approved by the Facilities Department.
- Portable electric heaters ("space heaters") are not allowed. Employees bringing heaters into University buildings will be asked to remove them from the premises immediately.
- Other electrical appliances with heating elements are prohibited. These appliances include:
- Toasters, toaster ovens and other cooking devices
- Heating pads
- Coffee makers/coffee warmers are permitted ONLY in a department's lounge or break area if they have a three-wire grounded cord and are inspected and approved by the Facilities Department prior to use.
- Microwave ovens (three-wire grounded power cord only) are allowed ONLY in lounge and break areas, subject to approval by the Facilities Department. Microwave ovens not used properly will be confiscated.
- Portable fans are prohibited unless approved for use by the Facilities Department.
- The use of extension cords, multiple plug strips and adapters must be approved by the Facilities Department.
For more information please use the link below: