Scholarships and Grants
The financial aid office is able to provide over 98% of its students with the proper amount of financial aid to cover the cost of tuition, fees and living expenses.
Additionally, there are specific scholarships for underrepresented students in nursing.
- US Department of Health and Human Services, Scholarships for Disadvantaged Students - www.hrsa.gov/loanscholarships/scholarships/disadvantaged.html
- Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development, Health Professions Education Foundation - http://www.oshpd.ca.gov/HPEF/Applications.html
- African American - www.uncf.org, www.naacp.org/page/s/scholarship2
- Asian American - www.uspaacc.com
- Latina/o - www.hacu.net/hacu/Scholarships_EN.asp?SnID=1665663926, www.hsf.net, www.latinocollegedollars.org, www.scholarships.hispanicfund.org
- Native American - www.collegefund.org, www.ihs.gov
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) - www.thepointfoundation.org
Other External Funding Opportunities:
- U.S. Department of Education
- Kellogg Foundation Grants
- Lumina Foundation Grants
- Motorola Community Grants
- Andrew Mellon Foundation Diversity Support
- Ford Foundation Diversity Grants
- William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
- The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Program Specific Funding Opportunities:
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation New Careers in Nursing
- Samuel Merritt University Hope Scholarship: Nursing, Occupational Therapy, and Physical Therapy.