In the event of a fire alarm or a fire, everyone must follow the procedures as outlined in the "Code Red" Section of the Fast Facts: Safety and Emergency Guide:
R.A.C.E. Emergency Response - All Staff
- R = Rescue/Relocate Endangered Persons
- A = Alarm
- Activate fire alarm nearest to you
- Alert Hospital Operator, ext. 0
- State, "Code Red" and location of fire
- C = Confine
- Confine and close all doors and windows
- E = Extinguish if small fire and safe to do so
In the event of fire alarm or fire, remember:
- Remain calm.
- If the alarm is not sounding, activate one of the manual pull stations located in the hallways. This will alert the Oakland Fire Department. Evacuate your suite via the nearest exit stairs. Elevators are not to be used for evacuation!
- If the alarm is sounding, Evacuate your area via the nearest exit stairs. Elevators are not to be used for evacuation!
- Avoid nonessential telephone communications
- Await announcement of All Clear (authorized by Engineering or the Fire Department)
- Evacuation Meeting Points
- West Pavilion: Evacuate to the brick walkway across 30th Street, in front of the West Pavilion parking garage
- Nursing building: Evacuate to the parking lot in the rear of the building
- HEC: Evacuate to the driveway behind the DPR construction trailer across the street
- Please be aware of any additional department-specific instructions. All staff need to be familiar with these procedures, and knowledgeable of all exit routes in their area.
Â Â Â Â