HEC Booking Procedure:
All room inventory is held in reserve until University classes are booked. If the requested event date is outside of the current Samuel Merritt University academic term, the event status must remain as a FIRST HOLD or TENTATIVE until courses for the academic term that corresponds with the requested date have been scheduled. Payments will not be accepted during this waiting period. Once the academic term is scheduled, the HEC Scheduling Coordinator will contact the client via telephone and/or email to continue the reservation process, provided that the requested space was not needed by the University.
If you want to book a room please do so by e-mail to email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- Company, Department, and Cost Center Code (if applicable)
- Contact Person Name
- Contact Person Telephone Number
- Contact Person email
- Event Name
- Event Date(s)
- Start and End Times
- Number of People Attending
- A/V Requests
- Room Configuration
- Catering (we book rooms one hour earlier and reserve it one hour later than scheduled event times for catered events) * Self-catered events are not permitted in any HEC room.
- Miscallaneous Requests
In order to guarantee services, requests should be submitted at least 72 hours in advance.
Good Business: The University has determined that it is good business to rent vacant rooms to community groups. The rental of rooms generates revenue and good relations for the University. It also exposes the University and Summit to individuals who might refer a student to the University or avail themselves of Summit's services.
Fee Structure & Policy: A fee is charged to everyone who uses HEC facilities. Brochures are available for download.
- HEC Brochure
- External Rate Sheet
- Audio Visual Equipment Rental Price List
- Terms and Conditions for External Clients
- Terms and Conditions for Internal Clients
- Reservation Request Form
Space may not be offered free of charge to any group or organization without prior approval. Please address all such requests to the HEC Coordinator, who will make the determination that the request falls within the prescribed guidelines. If it does, your request will be processed for approval. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made.
Bechtel Room: The Bechtel Room is very costly to use. It consequently can only be booked for events for which no other equally suitable room is available.
Types of Events Permitted: University events, Off-site meetings, Business Retreats, Training Seminars, Presentations, Teleconferences, Business Development Seminars, Annual Meetings. Personal events (i.e. parties, dances, weddings, and the like) are not permitted.
- Samuel Merritt University Media Services: 510.869.6575
- ABSMC Security: 510.655.4000 ext. 7847
- The John A. Graziano Memorial Library: 510.869.8900