About Office 365
Samuel Merritt University introduces Microsoft Office 365 to all SMU students and alumni. Office 365 includes your favorite MS Office features online and allows you to create sophisticated reports and presentations, collaborate in real time with classmates, and share and edit documents from your phone, PC, or Mac.
What does this mean for you?
- Hosted email: Business-class email, shared calendars, and contacts.
- Web conferencing: Conduct meetings over the web with HD video conferencing, screen sharing, and instant messaging via Microsoft Lync.
- Personal Cloud Storage: SkyDrive Pro is your personal hard drive in the cloud, the place you can store, share, and sync your files.
- Intranet sites for working groups: SharePoint sites provide workspaces with customizable security settings for individual teams within the institution.
- Active Directory integration: Single sign-on and synchronization with your SMU login.
- Spam and malware protection: Premium anti-malware protection and anti-spam filtering.
- Community and phone support: IT-level web support and 24/7 phone support for critical issues.
- Office Web Apps: Create and edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files via a web browser.
What do you need to do?
You may need to complete the following steps:
- After the upgrade is completed on July 1, access your email and calendar either directly at: https://www.outlook.com/pilot.samuelmerritt.edu, or through mySMU via the CloudMail quick launch icon.
- If you are currently using SkyDrive through Outlook Live, sign into SkyDrive at https://skydrive.live.com to retrieve your files. Step-by-step instructions will be provided once the upgrade has been completed.
- We do not expect any problems with integration between CloudMail and your mobile device. Once the upgrade is completed, please notify email@example.com of any issues with mobile integration.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 6 or 7, upgrade to newer browser software. View the compatibility chart.
- If you use Outlook to read your email and you are using Microsoft Office 2003, upgrade to Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 to continue using Outlook.
INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
- Configure iPhone and Apple iOS devices for Office 365 Cloud Mail
- Configure Android devices for Office 365 Cloud Mail
- For more information about the upgrade, see the Checklist for users.
- If you have questions or need help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org