Cyber Security Tips
As the Holidays approach and emails begin to fill your inboxes, the Network Services team would like to remind you about cyber safety.
Top 10 Cyber Safety Tips:
- Do NOT use passwords that other people can guess like ‘Password’ or the name of your pet.
- Never give out personal information about yourself, your family, or your friends including social security numbers, bank PIN number, last names, birthdays, or passwords.
- Do NOT download pirated songs, movies, or games you haven’t paid for, because it’s against the law.
- Keep your Web browser and operating system software up to date with the latest security patches.
- Use antivirus software to protect your computer from viruses, spyware, and other malware.
- Use the security features of social network sites to protect your privacy.
- Only accept friend requests on social network sites from people you actually know.
- Don’t click on Internet pop-up ads because they might install spyware on your computer.
- Don’t open e-mail attachments or instant-message attachments from unexpected sources.
- Be skeptical! Not everything on the Internet is true.