In 2012, Samuel Merritt University moves email accounts for current students and alumni to secure cloud storage on Live@EDU. With this change users experience the same messaging features that were available previously in Webmail, with vastly increased email storage capacity and full-feature web mail compatibility with most web browsers.
- Use email through graduation and beyond
- Get 10 GB inbox, 18 MB attachments
- Protect email from spam & viruses
- Use instant messaging services with Outlook Live including audio and video with your chats, application sharing, file transfers, and more
- Use mailbox aggregation to aggregate other personal e-mail accounts within Outlook Live
- Get access to your email, contacts, and calendar from anywhere including a broad range of ActiveSynch enabled phones (examples: Windows Phone, iPhone, Android)
NEW CLOUDMAIL SITE FOR STUDENTS
Once this transition is complete, students will no longer use SMU Webmail to access email. It will be accessible through the Live@EDU webmail site: https://www.outlook.com/ . To log in:
Windows Live ID: Your SMU email address
Password: Your SMU password
** You can access your email through the mySMU community portal at https://mysmu.samuelmerritt.edu/**
look for the CloudMail QuickLaunch icon
This site is built on the same Outlook Web Access technology as SMU Webmail, with improved feature sets for Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer and other web browsers.
PROS AND CONS
PREPARING FOR THE CHANGE
Information Technology Services will announce the transition dates for student email by cohort. Mailboxes will be moved over a weekend. While the mailbox, calendar, and contacts contents will be migrated in entirety, users will not have access to messages during the weekend of the migration.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
Once your mailbox has been migrated, you will need to take some steps to utilize all of the features of your new mailbox:
1. Reset your SMU password. (Your password must be at least 8 characters in total, including at least one capital letter, one lower case letter, and one number). Click Here to reset your password. Once your password has been reset it will be valid for one full year.
2. If you currently have your SMU email synced to your mobile device, you will need to redo the configuration. Configure email on your mobile device (if desired) using the Exchange or Corporate Email options. Detailed instructions are provided below for several specific devices and email clients. View detailed instructions online.
3. If your email is currently forwarded to a personal email address, you will need to re-establish the forwarding rule in Outlook Web Access. Enable email forwarding rules from your mailbox on Live@EDU. View detailed instructions online.