Sutter Health's Ascend Business Process Management system allows Sutter Health and SMU employees to report personal out-of-pocket expenses for reimbursement. While this system is readily accessible from SMU campuses, it is not accessible through the public internet. To accommodate SMU employees with off-campus work assignments who also incur business expenses, the Ascend site has been made available through the virtual private network.
To access Ascend from off-campus
- Make sure you’re connected to the internet.
- Click on the following link
(Please note that this will work with Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome on your PC, Mac, or tablet)
- Select smu_employee_vpn from the ‘Group:’ drop down menu
- Enter your SMU credentials to log in.
- Upon successful login, select ‘Continue’
- Click on Web Applications
- Click on Ascend Web Portal, or type ascend.sutterhealth.org in the space above (next to http://)
- Log into the Ascend system with your Sutter Health username ID and password
To learn how to use Ascend, we highly recommend that you take the Ascend Web-based training.