Configure iPhone for SMU Email
There have been several calls in relation to the new iPhone and the ability to connect to our exchange environment. Here are the configuration instructions for setting up your iPhone with the new Exchange feature.
- To set up your Exchange account on your iPhone, go to the home screen and tap 'Settings'. Scroll down on the 'Settings' page and select 'Mail,Contacts,Calendars' .
- Click 'Add Account'.
- Select 'Add Accounts' from the list of e-mail account types.
- Choose 'Microsoft Exchange' as the type of account (this is near the top of the screen).
- Your 'Email' will be your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com )
- The 'Username' will be your email address
- Click next
- You will now be prompted to enter the 'Server' is webmail.samuelmerritt.edu
- The 'Password' will be your samuelmerritt password (case sensitive)
- The 'Description' can be an easy name to identify your account on your iPhone
** At this point click Next if your setting are correct you will be able to proceed to the following steps. **
Your phone will now attempt to sync. You will receive a Security Policy change notice. You must accept the security policy in order to sync with the exchange server. Press Accept.
Once you account has been verified you be able to send and receive mail using your iPhone.