Configuring Android to Use Encrypted (WPA-E) Wireless Services at SMU
Follow these steps to set up your Android device running Android 2.0.x and above to use WPA-E encrypted wireless at SMU.
Before you begin, you must have:
- An Active Directory (AD) username and password. Your username is usually the first part of your SMU e-mail address (before the @ symbol). If you have forgotten your password, please call the helpdesk at 510-869-6836.
- An Android device with Android 2.x or above installed.
1. Configure your wifi settings
- Select Settings.
- Select Wireless & Networks.
- Select Wi-Fi Settings.
2. Select the encrypted wireless service
- Under Wi-Fi networks, select smu_lawn.
- If smu_lawn isn’t on the list, you may need to move to another area with better connectivity.
3. Configure the smu_lawn option
- EAP Method: Select PEAP.
- Phase 2 Authentication: Select MSCHAPV2.
- For both CA certificate and Client certificate, leave as N/A
4. Continue configuring the smu_lawn option
5. Verify your connection
Helpdesk FAQ Categories: