Configuring POP Email Client
Create an account in outlook to access your email
- In outlook, goto Tools - Account settings
- Click 'new'
- Choose Microsoft Exchange, POP3... and click Next
- Check the box "Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Click Next
- Enter your account credentials and click 'More Settings'
- Select the 'Outgoing Server' tab. Put a check in the box for SMTP authentication.
- Select the 'Advanced' tab. Put a check in the box for SSL. Drop the box down and select SSL.
**Note: Some Comcast internet users may have problems sending email out. Comcast suggests changing Outgoing server (SMTP) port from 25 (default port) to 587.
- Click the button to 'Test Account Settings'
- You should receive "completed to both incoming and outgoing test. Click 'Close'
- Click Next
- Click Finish
Helpdesk FAQ Categories: