Forwarding your SMU email to your personal email account
- Note - you will need to do this through Internet Explorer (Not available through Firefox, Opera or Safari web browsers)
- Login to your SMU email account through webmail
- Click on the 'options' link at the top right
- Under the Options menu on the right, click 'Rules'
- Expand 'New Rule' and select 'Create a new rule for arriving messages
- In the menu options, under Do The Following… select 'Forward or Redirect..'
- On the right click on the link people or distribution lists
- At the bottom of the screen, enter the email address you want to forward your messages to and click 'Ok'
- You should now see the rule description "When a new messages arrives forward it to (the email address you entered)"
- Click 'Save' at the bottom right
- Click 'Ok'
- You should now see the rule you created to forward your messages
- If you want to remove the rule later, come back to the rules page (steps 1-3), highlight the rule and click 'Delete'
Helpdesk FAQ Categories: