The University provides wireless mobile communications services for eligible personnel and should seek an approval of the department head. The Information Technology Services Department provides services on the use of the wireless mobile communications such as:
- Ordering of wireless mobile communications and its accessories
- Integrate with MS Exchange or Outlook email
- Inform the wireless user of phone/PDA eligibility and upgrade
- Pairing of wireless mobile communications device with headset (i.e. blue tooth)
- Where the mobile communications device is not working or is defective, the wireless users should notify the Information Technology Services Department about the problem. If the device is still under warranty, a replacement or refurbished device will be ordered at no cost.
- We do not provide support and services on personal cell phones, PDA, Smart Phones and other devices.
University provided mobile communications service covers the allotted monthly anytime minutes. The mobile communications device and accessories; either brand new, replacement, or refurbished will be charged to the department's cost center. Monthly usage, including sales tax, insurance and all other taxes and surcharges will also be charged to the department. Features may also include text messaging and synchronization with Samuel Merritt University Outlook Web Access. Any mobile device and accessories shall be deemed as University's property.
The University encourages the use of a headset and will not be liable for any type of vehicular accident that may have caused.
Request a mobile communication device by completing the Cell Phone Request Form. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 5-7 business days.
Supported Mobile Communication Devices:
View the list of supported devices.