Samuel Merritt University faculty and staff are eligible to receive Microsoft software for personal use under the University's campus license agreement with Microsoft Corporation. Any employee with a valid samuelmerritt.edu email address may purchase Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 for Windows or 2011 for Mac through this online purchasing program for about $10 plus shipping.
By following the series of steps below, SMU employees can obtain software for home use easily and at a nominal cost.
Please DO NOT download software while you are on the SMU campus. Downloading software may take several hours and may slow down the internet connection for the entire campus.
To access the Microsoft Home Use Program Web site:
1. Go to http://hup.microsoft.com/.
2. Select the country to which you want your order to be shipped to and choose the language for viewing the order Web site.
3. Enter your SMU e-mail address (ex. email@example.com) and insert the following program code 6988DA3B0D Click ‘Submit'.
Note: This program code is assigned to our organization for our sole use in accessing this site. You may not share this number with anyone outside our organization.
4. You will receive an email containing further purchasing instructions. When the email arrives, click ‘Buy Now' to continue.
5. Place your order online, and it will be shipped to the location you have chosen. Please note that a fulfillment fee will be charged to cover packaging, shipping, and handling costs.
This program is available for faculty and staff only.