Have a topic for a paper? Start with a database.
Databases contain citations, abstracts, and often links to full text articles published in a range of journals.
Not sure which database to use?
Browse research guides for help:
Check out our featured databases
Evidence-based research to inform healthcare decision-making.
Full text drug information including dosing and interactions. Mobile apps available.
Have a citation for an article? Looking for a specific journal? Use the Journal/eBook Finder:
How Do I...
- Get started?
- Find the full text of an article I found in a database?
- Order an article SMU doesn't have?
- Find instructions on searching databases?
- Learn the differences between PubMed and Medline, PubMed Central, and CINAHL?
- Find out what a peer reviewed journal is?
- Find peer reviewed articles?
- Cite my sources?
- Access SMU databases off campus?
- Get help from a librarian?