|Campus||Start Term||Application Deadline|
|Oakland/Sacramento||Spring- Early January||October 1|
|Oakland/Sacramento||Summer- Early May||January 1|
|Oakland/Sacramento||Fall- late August||March 1|
- Baccalaureate in nursing from a nationally accredited program
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the state of California
- Evidence of recent experience in clinical practice as a registered nurse
- Goal statement
- Two letters of reference (see below)
- Successful completion of a statistics course
- Additional coursework may be required
- TOEFL (U.S. citizens or international students) - The need for TOEFL will be assessed based on information provided by applicants on the application for admission, if required, a minimum score of 100 (internet based test) must be achieved and official score results must be provided.
Transfer Credit into the Master of Science in Nursing, Case Management Program
We accept up to 9 units of graduate credits from another MSN program. All students must complete a minimum of 30 Residency units with Samuel Merritt Univeristy in order to receive a degree or certification from our University. All students will complete specificed Case Management units to receive their MSN, Case Management degree/certification from Samuel Merritt.
Process for transfering credit consideration into Samuel Merritt
- Complete the Transfer Credit Petition
- Review the Samuel Merritt Catalog to decipher which Samuel Merritt courses meet those completed in your MSN program.
- Submit this form with copies of your transcripts and syllabi along with your application for the MSN, Case Management program.
- Upon review of your application, the Chair of the Case Management program and Registrar will determine which of your credits are transferrable.
- You will receive communication from the Registrar regarding their decision.
Once you have all of the items below ready, please go to the online application to apply.
- Copies of all college transcripts (please include legends if available)
- $50 non-refundable fee
- Completed goal statement
- Letters of reference
- Copy of RN license
Letters of Reference
A minimum of two letters are required. Forms have been provided in the graduate application for your use. Letters should attest to your clinical expertise and academic preparedness for graduate study.
For those who have received a baccaluareate, master's, and/or doctoral degree outside of the United States of America, your transcripts must be evaluation for United States equivalency through completion of a comprehensive report or course-by-course evaluation. Please click on NACES for accredited and approved companies that provide this service.