DNP Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Master of Science in Nursing (Master's degrees in other health-related fields along with a BSN will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.) For Post-Baccalaureate DNP program, a Master's degree is not required.
- Current RN licensure in state of residence
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher on MSN coursework
- The need for a TOEFL will be assessed based on information provided by applicants on the application for admission. If required, a minimum score of 100 (Internet Based Test) must be achieved and official score results must be provided.
- A college or university level Statistics course must have been completed within the past three years with a grade of "B" or higher. If you have completed a statistics course more than three years ago, you may take another course (see attached list for suggestions for online statistics courses) or you may provide verification of successful completion (CE Certificate) of the KLIMES INSTITUTE statistics course, see http://cecourses.org/statistics/ ( STATISTICS S101 & S201).
APPLYING FOR ADMISSION
Samuel Merritt University Office of Admission 3100 Telegraph Avenue, Suite 110
Oakland, CA, 94609
Priority Application Deadline
Applications will begin to be reviewed August 1st for the class that starts in January. Although applications will continue to be accepted until the class is filled, space in the DNP program is limited and interested students are encouraged to apply early in the admission cycle.
TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
VIRTUAL DROP-INS - Join a DNP Chat Room Online
We are pleased to offer virtual drop-ins to prospective DNP students. You are welcome to virtually "drop in" and ask quick, general questions of an Admission Counselor. This is entirely online. The summer Drop-Ins have been completed, but you may inquire with Che Abram, Assistant Director of Admission, about upcoming dates. When posted, you may click on the date and time below to join the chat! Please click here for more information about VIRTUAL DROP-INS. After you have reviewed the general chat information and are ready to start the chat, click a date and time and join the live chat.
- Future Dates TBA
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For more information about the DNP program, curriculum, etc:
Michelle DeCoux Hampton, RN, PhD
Associate Professor SMU School of Nursing
Interim DNP Director
If you have questions about the application, application process or about admission to the DNP program, please contact:
Che L. Abram
Assistant Director of Admission