The School of Nursing holds Faculty Orientation a few times per year to assist new faculty (and returning faculty who have yet to attend) with their transition into the School of Nursing faculty role.
Reserve your space
Please contact our Coordinator of Faculty Development, Dr. Karen Wolf, to reserve your space for the next orientation. If you are unable to attend the upcoming orientation, Dr. Wolf may be able to arrange a one-on-one meeting with you at another time. She can be reached at (510) 869-6511 ext.3482 or email@example.com
Completing the online portion - Clinical Instruction Modules
Clinical faculty members are required to complete the online portion of faculty orientation by completing the Clinical Instruction Modules. If these cannot be completed before the clinical start date, then faculty must submit certificates within 60 days. Please follow the instructions below on completing these modules:
- Go to http://ca-hwi.org/resources/4faculty.pdf
- Review modules 1-6 as listed and complete the self-assessment at the end of EACH module. Completion of "Becoming an Expert Preceptor" module is not required.
- Print out the certificate of completion for EACH module self-assessment (with an accuracy of 60% or greater according to the CA Health Workforce Initiative).
- Please write your name on all certificates and submit them to Assistant to the Dean, Gladys Paragas (view contact information here).
Completion of Faculty Orientation includes:
- attendance at one of the scheduled orientation dates AND
- completion of the online portion.
School of Nursing Orientation & Resource Center
Upon receiving your Blackboard system login, you will be able to access the SoN Orientation and Resource Center which includes topics such as clinical teaching and evaluation, CCNE emphasis areas and resources, and general information about the faculty role.
- Instructions for using the Orientation and Resource Center on Blackboard is available here