Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) Certification & HealthStream Learning Center (HLC)
All faculty who teach in the clinical setting must be compliant with the OSHA bloodborne pathogen/standard precautions by successfully completing the BBP training annually.
Already completed annual training?
If you have already completed the BBP training at another institution, please submit a copy of your certification of completion to Recruitment Assistant, Kristine Blanco (view contact information here). Please note that your certification is only valid for a year from the date completed.
Need to complete the annual training?
If you need to complete your annual training, the School of Nursing can provide free access to 3 required online modules in the HealthStream Learning Center (HLC), which will allow you to fulfill the BBP training requirement. To get access to the HealthStream online modules, please carefully read the following instructions:
- Request access via email to Assistant to the Dean, Gladys Mecum, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must send the request using your active Samuel Merritt email account in order for Gladys to provide you with further information
- You will have 30 days from the date of activation to complete all 3 modules on HealthStream
- Upon completion, please print out your certificate indicating the dates of completion AND transcripts indicating the scores for each module
- Please submit your completion certificates and score print-outs to Recruitment Assistant, Kristine Blanco (view contact information here)
Questions with log-in and/or using HealthStream?
If you have difficulties logging-in or using the HealthStream system, please directly contact Assistant to the Dean, Gladys Mecum (view contact information here).