The School of Nursing holds mandatory Faculty Orientation a few times per year to assist new faculty (and returning faculty who are yet to attend) with their transition into the faculty role. Clinical faculty are also required to complete the online portion of orientation. Upon completion of the requirements, faculty will be eligible to receive an orientation stipend.
Reserve your space to attend mandatory orientation
Please contact our Coordinator of Faculty Development, Dr. Karen Wolf, to reserve your space for the next orientation. If you are unable to attend or will begin teaching prior to the scheduled orientation, Dr. Wolf may be able to arrange a small group or one-on-one meeting with you at another time. She can be reached at (510) 869-6511 ext.3482 or email@example.com.
Completing the online portion - Clinical Instruction Modules
Clinical faculty members are required to complete the online portion of faculty orientation by completing the Clinical Instruction Modules. If these cannot be completed by start date, faculty must submit the certificates within 60 days. Please follow the instructions below on completing these modules:
- Go to http://ca-hwi.org/4faculty/
- Review modules 1-6 as listed and complete the self-assessment at the end of EACH module. Completion of "Becoming an Expert Preceptor" module is not required.
- Print out the certificate of completion for EACH module self-assessment (with an accuracy of 60% or greater according to the CA Health Workforce Initiative).
- Please write your name on all certificates and submit them to Recruitment Assistant, Kristine Blanco (view contact information here).
All faculty members who meet the following requirements will be eligible to receive a stipend:
- attending a scheduled or individual orientation with Dr. Karen Wolf AND
- completion of the online portion, Clinical Instruction Modules (clinical faculty only)
School of Nursing Orientation & Resource Center
Upon receiving your Canvas system login, you will be able to access the SoN Orientation and Resource Center which includes topics such as clinical teaching and evaluation, CCNE emphasis areas and resources, and general information about the faculty role.