Certifications & Immunization/Health Requirements
Our accrediting agencies and clinical facilities require evidence that all faculty files are complete and compliant, including the health and immunizations record.
Submitting required certifications and health documentation/immunizations
The following documents are required to be submitted prior to starting your teaching assignment to Karin Kasper, Administrative Assistant (view contact information here):
- Copy of current RN license
- Copy of current BLS/CPR card
- Hepatitis B positive titre or 3 vaccines
- Tdap or Tetanus booster - required within last 10 years
- Positive titre of Mumps, Rubeola, and Rubella or 2 MMR vaccines
- TB/PPD (if positive, x-ray and annual survey also needed) - required annually
- Varicella positive titre or 2 vaccines
Health forms must be valid throughout the whole duration of your course. New adjunct faculty should retain a copy of these documents as you will need to present these forms again during your pre-employment physical.
Reviewing your information through the Faculty Employment Tracking System (FETS)
While teaching, each faculty member is responsible for making sure that their health record is up to date. Faculty members should review their record on a regular basis to ensure that their School of Nursing faculty file is complete and that documents are valid throughout the whole duration of the course.
- You may view and/or print a copy of your health record by going to the Faculty Employment Tracking System (FETS) [http://webapps.samuelmerritt.edu/fets]
- Your login name and password are the same as your Samuel Merritt e-mail.
Please review your information under the Degrees/Certifications AND Vaccinations tabs and submit any necessary documentation to Karin Kasper, Administrative Assistant (view contact information here) prior to starting your teaching assignment.