Our accrediting agencies and clinical facilities require evidence that all faculty files are complete and compliant, including the health and immunizations record.
Submitting certificates and health/immunization documentations
The following documents are required to be submitted prior to starting your teaching assignment to Karin Kasper, Administrative Assistant, email@example.com:
- Copy of current RN license
- Copy of current BLS/CPR card
- Hepatitis B positive titre or 3 vaccines
- Tdap or Tetanus booster - within last 10 years
- Positive titre of Mumps, Rubeola, and Rubella or 2 MMR vaccines
- PPD or Quantiferon (if positive, x-ray and annual survey also required) - annually
- Varicella positive titre or 2 vaccines
Health forms must be valid throughout the duration of the course. Faculty should retain a copy of these documents as they need to be presented again during the pre-employment physical.
Accessing Faculty Employment Tracking System (FETS)
Faculty members should review their record in FETS http://webapps.samuelmerritt.edu/fets (login name and password are the same as the SMU webmail) on a regular basis to ensure that it is up-to-date and that documents are valid while teaching at SMU. The tabs that need to be reviewed are under the Degrees/Certifications and Vaccinations tabs. Provide any necessary documentation to Karin Kasper, Administrative Assistant, prior to starting the teaching assignment so the record can be updated.