Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) & HealthStream Certification
Patient safety is our goal. All faculty who teach in the clinical setting must be compliant with the OSHA bloodborne pathogen/standard precautions by successfully completing a training program.
Already completed training?
If you have already completed the Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) training or the three HealthStream certificates at another institution within the last year, please submit copy/copies of completion to Karin Kasper, Administrative Assistant (view contact information here). Please note that your certification is only valid for a year from the date completed.
Need to complete the training?
If you have not completed the BBP in the last year, you will need to complete the annual HealthStream training. The School of Nursing provides free access to the three HealthStream Learning Center (HLC) modules which will allow you to fulfill the annual BBP training requirement. To get access to the HealthStream training, please follow these instructions:
- Request access via email to Assistant to the Dean, Gladys Paragas, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send the request using your active Samuel Merritt e-mail account in order for Gladys to provide you with further information.
- You will have 30 days from the date of activation to complete all three modules on HealthStream.
- Upon completion, please print your certificates indicating the dates of completion along with the scores for each module.
- Please submit the certificates to Karin Kasper (view contact information here).
Questions regarding log-in and/or using HealthStream?
If you have issues with logging-in or using the HealthStream system, please contact Gladys Paragas at email@example.com or (510) 869-6511 ext. 4724.