- The DAISY Faculty Award
- Visit the website for more information about the DAISY Faculty Award: http://www.daisyfoundation.org/0210_facultyaward.html.
- Available for download, a Powerpoint presentation about the DAISY Faculty Award.
- 2010 International Year of the Nurse: a collaborative, grassroots global initiative honoring nurses' voices, values and wisdom - to act as catalysts for achieving a healthy world.
- Doctor Becomes a Nurse (Scrubs Mag) (July 2010)
- The Path to Professional Practice (PDF version) (Advance for Nurses) (February 15, 2010, Vol.7, No.2)
- Samuel Merritt students to get health care experience in Panama, Peru (Oakland Tribune) (August 2009)
- SMU students mentor at-risk teens about pursuing career in healthcare (Oakland Business Review) (August 2009)
- Youth in Medicine gives Bay Area kids a chance to shine (Oakland Tribune) (July 2009)
- Men in Nursing (Advance for Nurses) (June 2009)
- Nursing students donate testing equipment to local health clinics (Sacramento Business Journal) (June 2009)
- You're a hero, and we know it (RN Pathways) (June 2009)
Dr. Audrey Berman:
Dr. Berman's new textbook:
Dr. Patricia Brennan:
Dr. Cecily Cosby:
Larkin, H.J., Cosby, C.D., Kelly, D., & Paolinetti, L.A. (2012). A pilot study to test the differential validity of a genital injury severity scale, in development for use in forensic sexual assault examinations. Jounral of Forensic Nursing, 8(1), 30-38. (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1939-3938.2011.01124.x/full)
Dr. Valerie Dzubur:
Dr. Sylvia Fox:
Fox, S., & Chesla, C. (2008). Living with chronic illness: A Phenomenological study of the health effects of the patient-provider relationship. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, 20(3), 109.
Ms. Marjorie Hammer:
International Society of Psychiatric Mental Health Nurses. (2010). White Paper: The Educational Preparation of Advanced Practice Nurses to Address the Mental Health Needs of Children and Adolescents (approved May 6, 2010 by ISPN Board).
Dr. Michelle Hampton:
Hampton, M.D., Chafetz, L., & White, M.C. (2010). Exploring the impact of race on mental health service utilization among african americans and whites with severe mental illness. Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association, 16(2), 78-88.
Dr. Richard MacIntyre:
Contributing author: MacIntyre, R. C. (2010). Ethical and legal concerns. In B. Swanson (Ed.), ANAC's Core Curriculum for HIV/AIDS Nursing (3rd ed., pp. 384-390). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers, LLC.
MacIntyre, R. C. (2010). Our patients: Heretics, believers, agnostics, and ecumenists. In G. K. Chan, K. A. Brykczynski, R. E. Malone, & P. Brenner (Eds.), Interpretive phenomenology in health care research (pp. 259-285). Indianapolis, IN: Sigma Theta Tau International.
Teel, C. S., MacIntyre, R. C., & Murray, T. A. (2009). Identifying innovations in clinical education: Unique features and common themes. Retrieved from Midwest Nursing Research Society website: http://www.mnrs.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3647.
Allahverdipour, H., MacIntyre, R., Hidarnia, A., Shafii, F., Kzamnegad, A., Ghaleiha, A., & Emami, A. (2007). Assessing protective factors against drug abuse among high school students: Self-control and the extended parallel process model. Journal of Addictions Nursing, 18, 65-73.
Dr. Pamela Minarik:
Johnson, J. L., Minarik, P. A., Nystrom, K. V., Bautista, C., & Gorman, M. J. (2006). Poststroke depression incidence and risk factors: An integrative literature review. Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, 38(4), 316-327.
Dr. Rhonda Ramirez:
Ms. Celeste Villanueva:
Villanueva, C. G. (2009). Simulation-Based Education: Practical Approaches to Curriculum Integration. In B. Heinrichs, J. Thompson (Eds.), A Resource for Nurse Anesthesia Educators (pp. 339-370). Park Ridge, IL: AANA Publishing, Inc.
Dr. Karen Anne Wolf:
Dr. Wolf was recently elected Chairperson of the National Academies of Practice (NAP) Nursing Council. NAP is an interdisciplinary group of which she has been a member after having been nominated and selected about 4 years ago. Congratulations, Dr. Wolf! (August 2009)