DPT Associate Professor Rolando Lazaro Awarded Fulbright
Congratulations to Associate Professor and Dept of PT Co-Chair Rolando Lazaro, PT, DPT, PhD, GCS on being awarded a prestigious Fulbright award. Dr. Lazaro will spend 5 months in the Philippines teaching and researching physical therapy. Read more about this accomplishment at the SMU News Page.
DPT Students Provide Free Neurologic Clinic
The PT Department at Samuel Merritt University will be offering a free outpatient neurological rehabilitation clinic for East Bay residents with neuromuscular diseases or conditions. Learn if you or a loved one might qualify and get details on how to sign up here.
Department of PT Provides FREE Balance Testing for Persons with Multiple Sclerosis
The Multiple Sclerosis Foundation awarded the Department of Physical Therapy at SMU $20,000 to provide FREE specialized balance testing to persons with Multiple Scerlosis (MS) in the Greater East Bay. Call (510) 869-6511 ext 4411 to schedule a test! Using the EquiTest®, participants will get a full computerized dynamic posturography suite of tests and consultation with a physical therapist. Click here to learn more about this FREE program for people with MS, including how you can get an appointment.
2013 Upcoming Events
- DPT Class of 2016 White Coat Ceremony, Wednesday December 4, 2013 (invitation only)
- Comprehensive Clinical Decision Making in Managing Medically Complex Patients (continuing education course co-sponsored by SMU & Golden Gate District), Saturday January 18
- For more information, please see the registration flyer
- SMU PT Reception at CSM 2014 on Wednesday February 5, 2014 from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm at the Venetian Murano Ballroom
- Hors d'ouevres and no host bar for SMU PT alumni and current/former faculty
- You need not attend CSM to attend our reception
- RSVP (we need to make sure we have enough food!) to email@example.com
SMU News & Events