SMU Pride Committee
Welcome to the Samuel Merritt University Pride Committee!
Congratulations to the Pride Committee, which was honored with the 2014 Dr. Cornelius Hopper Diversity Excellence Award! Read more here.
The purpose of the Pride Committee is to identify and address issues pertaining to LGBTQ2IA (Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, and Ally) students, staff and faculty at Samuel Merritt University. Allies are especially welcomed and encouraged to join!
The Committee is structured as a 3-tired group consisting of three co-chairs, a core/steering committee, and a general/volunteer committee.
Current goals of the Committee:
- Identify and address the needs of the LGBTQ(2)IA community at Samuel Merritt University
- Increase the LGBTQ2IA presence/visibility on each campus
- Create LGBTQ2IA social opportunities and activities
- Confirm gender equality in the application process
- Identify scholarship opportunities for the LGBTQ2IA population
- Fundraise for LGBTQ2IA Samuel Merritt University scholarship
- Research healthcare volunteer opportunities within LGBTQ2IA community for all students
- Work with LGBTQ2IA community/youth/medical/homeless centers to provide educational outreach
- Find LGBTQ2IA issues addressed in all program curriculums and seek out ways to increase exposure to healthcare issues unique to this community
Pride Committee Co-Chairs (pictured above left, l to r)
Josh Campbell -Skills Lab Coordinator - email Josh
Tanya Grigg - Director of Financial Aid - email Tanya
Anglyn Sasser - Staff Psychologist, Student Health & Counseling (SHAC) - email Anglyn
To contact the Pride Committee, email email@example.com
Carla Ross – Alumni Affairs
Irma Walker-Adame – Associate Dean for Administrative Affairs CSPM
Kathryn Ward – SFPLC (San Francisco Peninsula Learning Center) Student Services Coordinator/Admission Counselor
Thom Tran – Library Technician
Kelley Robinson – Nursing Student
The Pride Committee has collected information and links to scholarships for the LGBTQ2IA community.
Click here for more information.
Click here to view resources the Pride Committee has gathered, pertaining to the LGBTQ2IA community.