Special Status Application and Registration
This application is for:
Fall 2014 Transition to Professional Nursing Practice
September 8, 2014 – December 12, 2014
- Increased clinical competence of each participant based on an individual learning plan to continue new graduate professional development.
- Guided deliberate practice of RN clinical responsibilities.
- Increased breadth and depth of understanding of the healthcare delivery system.
- Enhanced employability of new graduate RNs.
- Complete this application and submit with the following documentation-
- Professional resumè with education, work, and any healthcare related volunteer experience. Please include GPA for Nursing Major.
- Concise statement addressing 3 short-term goals for professional development you will target during the program. Must describe at least one achievable outcome for each goal.
- State any restriction on your participation, for example, you are unable to work a certain shift or a specific day(s) of the week, you are unable to commute more than 25 miles, etc. Failure to state restrictions on your participation could result in ineligibility for the program.
- Copy of RN license
- Describe or summarize your efforts to obtain RN employment since graduation. Include the response of the employer.
- If accepted, must submit to Samuel Merritt University Office of Admission, by specified deadline, a non-refundable $50 processing fee payable to Samuel Merritt University.
- If accepted must submit, by specified deadline, documentation of all preclinical requirements for Samuel Merritt University and California Pacific Medical Center, e.g. BLS-HCP, immunization, proof of health insurance.
- No tuition will be charged for participation in the program. This is a student experience not a paid position. However, to cover some of the program costs, the program fee will be $700.00. We seek funding to cover the cost of this program with the intention to reimburse you however, no other financial aid is available and this funding is not guaranteed. If you are accepted into the program, the $700 fee will be due on or before September 8, 2014.
- Admission is for this course only, and is not indicative of future admission to a Samuel Merritt University program.
- Application and supporting materials must be received by 5PM on July 11, 2014. All applicants will be notified of their status the week of August 4-8, 2014.
Submit application and supporting materials via email to: