Drives development of the vision, values and mission of the University and guides implementation of the University strategic plan.
Role and Function:
- Participates in developing and monitors completion of the University Strategic Plan.
- Considers external environment and understands University finances and operations to inform strategic planning.
- Monitors institutional performance.
- Reviews institutional level governance structures to achieve mission, vision, and institutional performance goals.
- Receives annual reports from PC members and non-academic committees and reviews recommendations as determined by President and/or PC.
- Reviews and recommends program implementation or discontinuance.
- Represents internal stakeholders in the strategic planning process.
- Advises President on major issues.
Outcomes and Products:
- Periodically updates the University Strategic Plan.
- Approves proposals for Board of Regents consideration.
- Approves committee charters and functions.
- Completes projects/reports as assigned by the President.
- Reports annually to the University community about effectiveness of institutional performance and internal governance.
- Conducts bi-annual SWOT analysis and environmental scan.
- Completes annual UPAC self-evaluation.
Membership of the UPAC will be representative of internal University stakeholders.
- President's Council (all members)
- Faculty Organization (its President and two additional faculty representatives)
- Academic Division Representatives (2)
- Finance and Administration Division Representatives (2)
- Enrollment and Student Services Representatives (2)
- Academic Council Representative (2)
- Staff Council Representative (2)
- SBA Representative (2) ex officio
A term shall be three years; renewable for two terms.