Mission and Goals
To serve student veterans with the highest quality and comprehensive support in an environment that provides commitment, respect and academic excellence.
Our commitment is to provide education, administrative services, as well as job and career advisement to our student veterans, their dependents as well as outreach to military communities at large.
- To make Samuel Merritt University known as a premier veteran friendly institution.
- To increase the admission retention and graduation rates of veterans.
- To make the Veteran Resource Center an accessible resource to all California Veterans
- To ensure that the Veteran Resource Center is effectively and efficiently meeting the needs of Samuel Merritt University veterans and their dependents.
- To remove social, physical, and psychological barriers through a strong and vibrant network with Samuel Merritt University veterans services, internal SMU organizations and other higher educational institutions.