The Office of Academic Support Services provides a variety of services to all Samuel Merritt University students. Our programs are designed to help all students--from those experiencing difficulty in their programs to those who want to become more efficient and effective learners. We believe that teaching-learning is a shared process and we encourage students to participate in their own professional and academic development. Our focus is to provide all students with a supportive environment where they can improve their study skills and master course content.
Programs and Services
- Peer Tutoring: We offer subject specific tutoring to students in need of academic assistance. The service is free and is provided for undergraduate and graduate students. Click here.
- Study Skills Information: Learning assistance is available on an appointment basis for any student seeking personal analysis of their learning methods and guidance in developing effective collegiate learning strategies. Contact our office to make an appointment or learn more.
- Writing Support: Academic Support provides individual and small group writing consultations for students. Sessions can focus on any stage of the writing process. Contact the Writing Support Staff on your campus to make an appointment.
- Canvas Support: Find learning resources and connect with study groups across Samuel Merritt's five separate disciplines. Click here.
- Community Learning Series: One hour workshops usually at lunchtime cover topics on learning strategies and personal/professional development. Workshops are open to all members of the university community. Click here.
- Online Workshops -- StudentLingo: StudentLingo is a series of interactive on-demand workshops and valuable resources focused on helping students achieve their academic and career goals. Click here.
Academic Support Resources
Study Skills Help
Check Your Learning Style
- VARK - A Guide to Learning Styles ©Copyright Version 7.0 (2006)