Samuel Merritt University has a group online subscription to The Teaching Professor. Edited by respected scholar and expert Dr. Maryellen Weimer of Penn State Berks, this newsletter is a forum for discussion of the best strategies supported by the latest research for effective teaching in the college classroom.
Create a new account
SMU faculty members can go through a one-time sign-up procedure to gain access to this resource. Just follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.magnanewsletters.com
- Select “Create a new account”, complete all fields under “Required information”, and click Create Account
- Open the email used to register your account and click the link to complete your registration
- Enter your email or username and password and select Login
- Select the “Group Subscriptions” tab at the top of the page
- In the red box, enter the authorization code: SMC
- Select Activate to access the subscription
Please note: entering the authorization code is done only once. Hereafter, you will access the subscription by logging in using your email address and password. Please do not share the authorization code with anyone outside the SMU community.
Access your existing account
- Go to www.magnanewsletters.com
- Select “Log into your account”
- Enter your email or username and your unique password, then click “Login”
- Select the Group Subscriptions tab at the top of the page to view your active subscriptions
Search the newsletter archives
To search the newsletter archives, log in to your account, access your online subscription, and select View Archives. The search bar is at the top right of the page.
Call 800-433-0499, ext. 2, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Central, Monday through Friday, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.