The mission of Assessment of Educational Effectiveness is to direct and support assessment practices for improvement and accountability.
The main goal of assessment is the continuous improvement of teaching and learning.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Promote a culture of continual analysis and improvement of teaching and learning.
- Provide methodologically sound tools and processes for articulating and displaying desired learning outcomes and comparing them to evidence of student learning in order to facilitate faculty data-driven conversations and plans on how to improve teaching and learning at the course, program, and institutional levels.
- Engage faculty in the practice of authentic assessment of student learning.
- Collaborate with Academic Instruction & Innovation to create initiatives to improve teaching and learning.
- Collaborate with the Office of Institutional Research to document and organize research and findings regarding educational effectiveness.
- Design and develop tools for data analytics Curriculum Mapping Initiative (CMI) software. Log in to CMI.
Assessment of Learning to Ensure Student Success
- Department of Physical Therapy
- Department of Physician Assistant
- Department of Occupational Therapy
- School of Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Accelerated Program
- Entry Level Master of Science in Nursing Pre-Licensure Program
- Master of Science in Nursing, Case Management
- Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- School of Podiatric Medicine
Equation for Assessment of Educational Effectiveness
Director of Assessment
3012 Summit Street, First Floor, C Wing
Oakland, CA 94609