Audrey has been Dean since February 2004. Prior to this position, she was Associate Dean at the Sacramento Regional Center of Samuel Merritt University where she directed the entry level MSN program. She has been teaching in the nursing program since 1977. She has taught a variety of BSN courses in the medical-surgical area as well as legal and ethical issues. Her specialty is oncology nursing. In the graduate program, she has taught Research Methods and Methods of Teaching.
In addition to her role as faculty and administrator, Audrey is active in a variety of cancer-related organizations and activities including serving on the Board of Directors for the Bay Area Tumor Institute. Computers are a part of both her vocation and avocation!
N137/138 Introduction to Professional Nursing
N601 Research Methods
Berman, A., & Snyder, S. J. (2012). Kozier & Erb’s Fundamentals of nursing: Concepts, process, and practice (9th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
Berman, A. J., & Snyder, S. J. (2012). Skills in clinical nursing (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
Berman, A. J., Snyder, S. J., & McKinney, D. S.. (2011). Nursing basics for clinical practice. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
2005 Excellence in Leadership Award, Nu Xi Chapter-at-Large Sigma Theta Tau
2004 AACN Leadership for Academic Nursing Fellowship
1996-2001 Sigma Theta Tau Distinguished Lecturer
California Institute for Nursing and Health Care: Transition to Professional Nursing Practice program 2010-2011, $162,000.
Kaiser Permanente Northern California Fund for Health Education Grant: Expansion of ABSN to West Bay. 2005 $312,950; 2006 $418,803, 2007 $1,024,626; 2008 $1,358,143; 2009 1,610,642; 2010 $$1,476,038.
Kaiser Permanente Patient Care Services. Teaching assistants, tutors, online course development. 2004 $9,900; 2005 $48,000.00; 2006 $12,000; 2007 $12,000, 2010 $18,000; 2011 $48,500.
Gordon & Betty Moore Foundation Nursing Initiative. Implementation of Accelerated BSN program in three locations. 11/1/2004 – 12/15/2010. $2,890,418.
Current Memberships in Professional Organizations
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- California Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Nurses' Association/California
- Association of California Nurse Leaders
- East Bay Association of California Nurse Leaders
- Bay Area Tumor Institute
- National League for Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau, Nu Xi Chapter-At-Large
Selected Professional Service Activities:
- Board of Registered Nursing, Education Advisory Committee
- California Association of Collgese of Nursing: President-elect 2012-2014, President 2014-2016
- California Institute for Nursing & Health Care Board, Representative from California Association of Colleges of Nursing North
- Site Accreditation Visitor & Team Leader, Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Board of Directors, Bay Area Tumor Institute