Professor Karen Anne Wolf is a nurse practitioner and nursing educator with more than forty years of nursing experience in community health and primary care of older adults. She has written and presented to local as well as national and international audiences on a variety of topics related to the profession of nursing. Currently, Dr. Wolf is adjunct professor and teaches in the on-line FNP program.
Diploma - Johns Hopkins Hospital School of Nursing
BSN & MS- Boston University
PhD Brandeis University
CAGS Adult Health Nurse Practitioner University of Massachusetts- Worcester
Geriatric Education Fellowship- Stanford University
- Advanced Practice Trends and Health policy
- Nursing care of vulnerable populations, such as older women
- Nursing History
- Professionalization & Interprofessionality and nursing as work
- The life and work of nurse activists from Isabel Hampton Robb to JoAnn Ashley
- Community health trends
- Oral History
- Community Health Nursing
- Nursing Leadership and Management
- Epidemiology & Population Health
- Evidence Based Practice
- Health Policy
- Professional Issues
- FNP & Adult -GNP Program Geriatric
- Sociology of Health & Illness
Ahmed, S & Wolf, KA. (2018). APRN Role Development and Transformative Change in the Education for the APRN in S. Ahmed, S. ,Davis, L. Andrist, & V. Fuller. DNP Education, Practice, and Policy Redesigning Advanced Practice Roles for the 21st Century, 2ns Ed. New York: Springer Press.
Corless, I.B., Wolf, K.A.(2016) Qualitative Caring and Quantitative Results: 90-90-90. Journal of the Association of Nurses AIDS Care, 27(6):752-754.
Wolf, K.A. (2015). The intersection of Community-Public Health Nursing & Global Nursing in Nicholas P., Breakey, S., Meedzan, N. &Corless, I.Global Health Nursing. New York: Springer.
Wolf, K.A.(2014). Critical Reflection of Nursing as Body Work. Advances in Nursing Science (ANS) 37(2).
Ahmed, S & Wolf, KA. (2012). APRN Role Development and Transformative Change in the Education for the APRN in S. Ahmed, S. ,Davis, L. Andrist, & V. Fuller. DNP Education, Practice, and Policy Redesigning Advanced Practice Roles for the 21st Century. New York: Springer Press.
Wolf, KA. (2011) Rembering Isabel Hampton Robb. Nursing Education Perspectives, 2.
Wolf, KA. (2008). The Slow March to Professional Practice in E. Barker. Advanced Practice Nursing . Boston: Jones & Bartlett.
Andrist,L. Nicholas, P and Wolf,K Eds.( 2006). A History of Nursing Ideas. Boston: Jones & Bartlett.
Wolf, K.A. The Selected Works of JoAnn Ashley (1996). Boston: NLN/Jones & Bartlett.
Wolf, K. (1996). The Next Twenty-five years- Nursing Education of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Boston: MGH Nurses Alumnae.
Nursetogether web based publications on www.nursetogether.com
Selected honors, Grants:
- Excellence in Nursing Research Award. NU XI Sigma Theta Tau
- Fellow in the National Academies of Practice-Nursing Academy Chairperson Nursing Academy 2009-2011
- Who's Who in America 2009 Honorary member.
- PERX Project. Attorney General's Settlement grant award for safe prescribing, Project Team.
- The Nurses Alumnae Association of the Massachusetts Hospital School of Nursing Partners in Excellence Awards 2007, 2007, 3005, 2001
- Member Sigma Theta Tau
- ANA Honorary Membership Award- Massachusetts Partners in Excellence Awards- Partners Health Care 2007, 2008
National Academies of Practice-Nursing Academy/ Chair of Forum 2013-2014. Chair of Nursing Academy 2009-2012
National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties-Member & elected to the Nominations Committee 2010
American Nurses Association - Pennsylvania Association of Nurses
American Association Nurse Practitioners
American Association for the History of Nursing
National League for Nursing
Sigma Theta Tau