Campus Service Center
The Campus Service Center (CSC) is the first point of contact for current students conducting business with the Offices of Admission, Registrar, Student Accounts, Academic Support and Disability Services, Registration, Veteran's Affairs, Student Services and Financial Aid. Click here for the CSC
The Front Office is staffed by Campus Service Assistants. The CSC team responds to all student, prospective student, staff and faculty inquiries. They disburse financial aid checks, provide information regarding student accounts and registration. Student employment documentation and time cards for all campus locations is collected, reviewed and processed by the CSC. Admission counseling appointments are made daily from this office, as well as the processing of admission documents.
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
3100 Telegraph Ave.
Ground Floor, Office #110
Every academic year, prior to beginning work, all newly hired students must visit the Campus Service Center and cannot commence work until they:
- verify work study eligibility
- present a signed, completed the Federal Work Study New Hire Form http://www.samuelmerritt.edu/kc_upload/files/13-14_FWS_new_hire_form.docx
- present a State issued ID and a Social Security Card or a U.S. Passport
- complete a student employment packet
- receive a completed, signed Student Employment Authorization form and present it to their hiring manager
- Student timecards must be submitted for each payroll period worked and are due to the Campus Service Center by 12 noon on the Friday before the pay period end (PPE) date.
- Blank cards available at the Campus Service Center.
- Managers and students should review the Student Employment Quick Reference tool for an overview of how to accurately complete a student timecard.
- Student Employment Pay Checks are mailed out directly to your home address on pay day.
Steps to ensure timely receipt of your pay check:
1. Update your mailing address with Sutter Health via the following form:
NOTE: This address update is NOT the same as the update for the University on SMURF
2. Scan and email, or fax (510-869-6115) or deliver your completed form in person to Maria Salas (firstname.lastname@example.org),SMU Human Resources,450 30th Street, Room 2730, Oakland, CA 94609.
3. Set up Direct Deposit (optional, but strongly encouraged) see instructions below.
NO ACTION IS NEEDED if you already have direct deposit set up, however, please make sure your address is updated with SMU HR.
Setting Up Direct Deposit
As a work study student you are encouraged to setup a ‘Direct Deposit Agreement’ to receive your payroll checks. To do this, please:
- Complete and submit the Direct Deposit Authorization Form: http://www.samuelmerritt.edu/kc_upload/files/Direct_Deposit_Agreement.pdf
- Attach a voided check
- Mail to the Payroll Department - ABSMC, 3012 Summit St, 4th Floor, Oakland, CA. 94609, or drop in the Payroll Box next to the elevator, outside of the Payroll Dept.
Note: Direct Deposit can take up to 2-3 pay periods before it takes place.
CampusShip (inter-campus courier service)
SMU contracts with United Parcel Service (UPS) to provide a courier service that picks up and delivers inter campus mail daily (M-F) to each campus location.
DAILY SCHEDULE for CampusShip Inter-Campus Mail Courier Service
|UPS Delivery (estimate)||Pick-up deadline |
|3:45 p.m. |
Campus Service Center , 3100 Telegraph Avenue office #110,Oakland, CA 94609, tel. 510.869.1550
|2:00 p.m. |
|Sabine Branscum, 2710N Gateway Oaks Drive, Ste. 360, Sacramento, CA 95833, tel. 916.646.2793|
|San Mateo |
|3:00 p.m. |
|Karin Kaspar/Nancy Stollon 1720 South Amphlett Blvd., Suite 300, San Mateo, CA 94402, tel. 650.292.5565|