As detailed in the Faculty Handbook, Samuel Merritt University values many types of scholarship, including scholarship concerned with discovery, integration, teaching & learning, and application or service. The CIEL community can mentor you as you formalize your research project, find collaborators, discover new tools, and disseminate your work.
Check our Services, Tools & Resources page as well.
- Teaching with Technology grants and reports on past grants
- Spring Research Symposium
- Resources for Faculty Scholarship & Research
- Consult with a research methodologist (contact Kay Davis or Mary McCall)
- Select the appropriate study design, data collection, and analysis strategies.
- Consider mixed methods approaches and other research designs.
- Explore the merits of different ways of collecting data: observation, surveys, interviews, focus groups, artifacts, and existing data.
- Learn how to analyze your data and determine study conclusions and the implications of your findings
- Institutional Review Board