The financial aid office is able to provide over 98% of Samuel Merritt University students with the proper amount of financial aid to help cover the cost of tuition, fees and living expenses.
Additionally, there are specific scholarships for underrepresented students in nursing.
- US Department of Health and Human Services, Scholarships for Disadvantaged Students - www.hrsa.gov/loanscholarships/scholarships/disadvantaged.html
- Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development, Health Professions Education Foundation - http://www.oshpd.ca.gov/HPEF/Applications.html
- African American - www.uncf.org, www.naacp.org/page/s/scholarship2
- Asian American - www.uspaacc.com
- Latina/o - www.hacu.net/hacu/Scholarships_EN.asp?SnID=1665663926, www.hsf.net, www.latinocollegedollars.org, www.scholarships.hispanicfund.org, http://www.aie.org/Scholarships/scholarship-list.cfm?id=2011530, http://www.maldef.org/assets/pdf/1415_MALDEF_Scholarship.pdf
- Native American - www.collegefund.org, www.ihs.gov
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) - www.thepointfoundation.org
Program Specific Funding Opportunities:
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation New Careers in Nursing
- Samuel Merritt University Hope Scholarship: Nursing, Occupational Therapy, and Physical Therapy.