- General Facilities Requests (Work Orders)
- Non-Routine Work Order Service (Monthly Schedule)
- United Parcel Service (UPS) / Campus Ship
- General Work Order
- Additional Office Space
- Request Furniture
- Key Request
- Internal Move
- Janitorial (EVS) Services
- Parking Vouchers
- Ergo Evaluation
- ID Badge Application (download pdf)
(1) In order to have your issue addressed by NorCal on the day of a scheduled visit, your work order must be submitted through the Cherwell System no later than 12:00 PM the day before the scheduled NorCal visit. For example, the next scheduled visit to the Oakland campus is on January 8th. If you would like to have a work order addressed on the 8th, you must submit your work order request no later than 12:00 PM on January 7th.
(2) We will do our best to have all work orders completed on the day of each scheduled visit. Any incomplete work orders will automatically move to the list for the next scheduled visit.
(3) If you have a time-sensitive request that does not align with the monthly schedule or you require extensive work which cannot be completed during a regularly scheduled visit, you have the option of requesting that we schedule an installer solely for you at your own department's expense.
Outgoing shipments are dropped off at the Campus Service Center for processing. Incoming packages are received by and held at the Campus Service Center for pick up.
UPS invoices for the Oakland, San Mateo, and Sacramento campuses are processed for payment by the Facilities Administrative Assistant. UPS shipment receipts are retrieved weekly from the Campus Service Center; and they are regularly forwarded to Facilities via email by staff at the San Mateo and Sacramento campuses. Shipments to locations other than SMU campuses require the signature of the department head on the receipt before being forwarded to Facilities.
Shipment receipts are matched to the invoices for the purpose of backup documentation. Campus-to- campus shipments are billed to the Facilities Department. Charges for shipments to other locations are billed to the department that initiated the shipment.
New users are entered into the system and given access by the Facilities Administrative Assistant who acts as Co-Administrator of the account. Managers who want to add a new user should email their request and include the following information for the new user:
- Work Location and Department
- Telephone number
- Email address
Supplies can be ordered by going to www.ups.com and choosing the Supplies option. Orders take 3-5 business days to arrive and should be delivered to the location making the request.
Facilities Administrative Assistant: (510) 869-1505
UPS Customer Service: (800) 742-5877
UPS Campus Ship Technical Support: (800) 289-6418