Let's create a culture of wellness at SMU that includes workshops and resources for faculty and staff to help:
- Integrate self-care into our lives
- Teach our students about self-care for themselves and their future patients
Wellness and self-care have many facets. We’ve chosen these pillars to organize our work together. We invite you to share your expertise in these areas with the CIEL community.
Nourishment: healthy and mindful eating
Movement: dance, yoga, walking, using a standing desk
Habits of mind and heart: mindfulness, meditation, cultivating an open mind and heart, examining attitudes and beliefs
Connection: connections with community
Lifestyle: sleep, healthy habits
Here’s an easy place to start: Hold a walking meeting with a student or colleague, or walk the 700 healthy steps from Peralta Pavilion to CIEL’s Oakland location.
Wellness Activities at CIEL
- Participate in upcoming CIEL Wellness Workshops for Faculty & Staff
- Add wellness to your curriculum and integrate it into your teaching
- Collaborate with us to create regular self-care activities at CIEL: walks, group meditations, and other activities you have to offer to the community.
Questions? Contact Christine Broz or Liz Kleine.
- Explore Sutter Health's Live Well for Life employee wellness resources
- Oakland campus walking maps
- Sleep better
- Try a meditation app