- Reserving HEC Facilities - General Information
- HEC Booking Information/Procedures (for all rooms EXCEPT the Atrium, Bechtel Room, and Fontaine Auditorium)
- Atrium, Bechtel Room, and Fontaine Auditorium Booking Information/Procedures
- STUDENTS (for study space)
- FACULTY and STAFF
- EXTERNAL CLIENTS
- Next Steps - What to expect after you submit your request
- Documents and Forms
Exceptions to our scheduling policy are as follows:
- Classroom requests may be submitted ANYTIME for Monday through Friday reservations between 5:00 PM and 10:00 PM AND all weekend reservations.
Barring the above exception, we must stand by our policy to avoid unnecessary complications in scheduling for the academic calendar.
- Same Day Reservations. To make a same day request for study space, there are two options: (1) drop by the HEC and speak directly to HEC staff; or (2) call HEC staff at (510) 869-6161 to make your same day request by phone.
Next Day Reservations. To make a next day request for study space, there are three options: (1) drop by the HEC and speak directly to HEC staff; (2) call HEC staff at (510) 869-6161 to make your same day request by phone; or (3) email your request at least 24 hours in advance to email@example.com.
- Future Reservations. To make a request for study space which is not a “same day” or “next day” request, please email your request to HEC staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- These study spaces are available for reservation:
- Drop-Ins are always welcome. If there is space available at the time you need it, the space is yours.
- Generally, study space can be reserved for a maximum of 4 hours. At the end of a 4-hour reservation, if no one else has reserved the space, your reservation can be extended.
- Review the Policies and Guidelines for Internal Reservations;
- Print and complete the Reservation Request Form; and
- Submit the form to the HEC Scheduling Coordinator via email to email@example.com.
1. Keep in mind that…
- All room inventory is held in reserve until University classes are booked.
- Reservations are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Reservations should be made at least 72 hours in advance.
- A fee is charged to everyone who uses HEC facilities.
- The Bechtel Room is very costly to use. Consequently, it can only be booked for events for which no other equally suitable room is available.
- Event types permitted in the HEC include: University events, off-site meetings, business retreats, training seminars, presentations, teleconferences, business development seminars, annual meetings.
- Event types which are not permitted in the HEC include: parties, dances, weddings, and any event where money will be collected on-site from attendees.
- Self-catered events are not permitted in any HEC room.
- For catered events, room reservations begin one hour before and end one hour after the actual scheduled event to allow time for set-up and breakdown.
3. Review the Room Rental Policies and Contract;
4. Review the Audio Visual Equipment Rental Price List;
5. Print and complete the Reservation Request Form; and
6. Submit the form to the HEC Scheduling Coordinator via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the room is available for the date and time you requested, the HEC Scheduling Coordinator will contact you via email with instructions for continuing the reservation process. Requirements are detailed in the Room Rental Policies and Contract.
If the room you requested is not available, you will receive an email to that effect from the HEC Scheduling Coordinator.
If your request is for a date outside of the range for which reservations are currently being accepted, you will receive an email to that effect from the HEC Scheduling Coordinator; your request will be discarded; and you will need to resubmit your request at the appropriate time.
Documents and Forms
- External Rate Sheet
- External Rate Sheet for Non-Profit Organizations
- Audio Visual Equipment Rental Price List
- Room Rental Policies and Contract
- Policies and Guidelines for Internal Reservations
- Reservation Request Form