As the Holidays approach and emails begin to fill your inboxes, the Network Services team would like to remind you about cyber safety.
Top 10 Cyber Safety Tips:
- Do NOT use passwords that other people can guess like ‘Password’ or the name of your pet.
- Never give out personal information about yourself, your family, or your friends including social security numbers, bank PIN number, last names, birthdays, or passwords.
- Do NOT download pirated songs, movies, or games you haven’t paid for, because it’s against the law.
- Keep your Web browser and operating system software up to date with the latest security patches.
- Use antivirus software to protect your computer from viruses, spyware, and other malware.
- Use the security features of social network sites to protect your privacy.
- Only accept friend requests on social network sites from people you actually know.
- Don’t click on Internet pop-up ads because they might install spyware on your computer.
- Don’t open e-mail attachments or instant-message attachments from unexpected sources.
- Be skeptical! Not everything on the Internet is true.