How do I read my e-mail from the Mac Mail client, Microsoft Outlook or the Windows Live Mail desktop client?
- Set up email in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013
- Set up email in Outlook 2007
- Set up email in Outlook 2003
- Set up email in Outlook for Mac 2011
- Set up email in other IMAP or POP email programs
What's the difference between IMAP and POP?
With POP mail, each message must be downloaded and stored as a local copy on every computer that you use to access your email. When you get a lot of email, or access your email from many locations, managing your inboxes can start to get complicated. With IMAP, each computer accesses the messages that are stored on the server, and you don't need to download any local copies. The inbox for your SamuelMerritt.edu account will look the same on your home computer, work computer, and every other IMAP-capable email device that you use. If given a choice, we encourage you to choose IMAP.