The Helpdesk offers many ways of getting you started on a smooth technological experience during your time at Samuel Merritt University. An important step in receiving assistance is knowing which department to ask. Below are the services offered by the Helpdesk:
- Responds to customer questions regarding software application functionality, problems, and service requests.
- Gathers appropriate information regarding problem and service requests.
- Ensure that problem and service requests are logged and tracked.
- Provide First Level support of all areas of service.
- Provide support to the Information Technology Services team to ensure proper operation of systems.
- Desktop hardware and software installations, maintenance, and support.
The Helpdesk provides support and maintenance to our technological services, including email, network connectivity, computer labs, and software installed on University owned computers.
Keep an eye on the front page of the Helpdesk website. The alerts box will list any significant actions or outages that may affect usage of our systems. If you've experienced an outage, check the alerts box before contacting the Helpdesk.
Many users come across the same situations. Check the Frequently Asked Questions for common issues.
Please take a moment to review our policies.