Through its affiliation with the Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU), Samuel Merritt University offers online instructional resources on many Microsoft products to university employees. Current faculty and staff members are eligible to take advantage of these self-guided training opportunities at no cost!
To register for online training through Microsoft's e-Learning program, the employee must first acquire a Windows LiveTM ID. This is a login for Microsoft's website, which will grant access to the online training resources. Please following instructions below:
1. Set up your Windows LiveTM Username and Password:
- Go to http://www.passport.net/
- Click on Sign up (on the left side).
- If you have a Hotmail account already set up, choose Yes.
- If you don't have one, click on No and create one.
2. Gain initial access to the Microsoft® E-Learning course catalog:
- Go to: https://business.microsoftelearning.com/activate/.
- Input your multiuse access code: IWO26665E2 (The code is case-sensitive. Be sure to include the dashes and do not enter any spaces). You need to enter your work email (email@example.com, not Microsoft Hotmail account) where it says "Work Email".
- You are prompted to sign in using a valid Windows LiveTM ID. (This is the user name and password you use to access the site each time you log on.) If you already have a profile on microsoft.com, use that Windows LiveTM ID.
- You will receive an e-mail confirming your registration.
- From the confirmation e-mail, click the link to complete the e-mail confirmation and activate your courses.
- You are prompted to sign in using a valid Windows LiveTM ID, once again.
- A confirmation page appears indicating that the access code has been accepted (or you may receive an error message if the code was not accepted).
- The My Learning link only has the courses you signed up for. Initially, it could/will be blank. Click the Learning Catalog to see list of available courses.
- Use the drop-down filter menus to narrow the list of courses. Selecting "English" in the language drop down can significantly reduce the list.
- Click a course title to launch the offering. You have 12 months from the time of launch to finish that course.
3. Access your course at any time:
- Go to: https://business.microsoftelearning.com/.
- Click the "Sign In" button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Sign in to Windows Live using your Windows LiveTM ID and password.
- Click the My Learning Catalog link on the left side of the page under Customer Login.
- Begin your E-Learning course.
- It is recommended that you disable any pop-up blockers on your browser while accessing the E-Learning site.