Under direction of the Campus Operations Manager, facilitate the daily activities of the campus, University and serve all students, faculty, staff, and guests. Support all admission, recruitment, student services, and academic programs and services
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
An Asterisk (*) denotes an essential job function for ADA purposes.
60% - * Administrative Support
· As a first point of contact and representative of SMU, provide excellent service to all faculty, staff, students, and guests that adheres to regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines, including those related to privacy, safety and security.
· Provide effective and timely communication and information handling within the campus, among campuses, and to external people or agencies, including acting as a liaison to support programs.
· Implement systems that support timely communication and information handling.
· Maintain necessary levels of all supplies for the campus, including office, classroom, and labs.
· Manage program documents including those required for management and accreditation (i.e.: course syllabi, BRN documents, communications, grants) in a systematic and secure manner.
· Process requests for reimbursement, purchase orders and time cards through the appropriate signature levels in a timely and efficient manner.
· Implement administrative procedures related to office functions, such as filing, record keeping, inventory, and other financial matters.
· Provide support for University events (such as: orientation, admission days, pinning, career fairs, and educational programming).
· Open campus each day of operation to insure readiness for campus activities, and close campus at the close of business to ensure security of campus and personnel.
40% - *General Support
· Assist faculty and staff with program-related activities such as arranging for copying, creation and distribution of documents for classes and school events.
· Work in collaboration with appropriate University personnel to successfully implement appropriate policies and procedures.
· Provides services for recruitment, payroll, and personnel actions for faculty, staff, and student hires.
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
· Extensive computer experience, with the ability to use Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database systems.
· Effective navigation of the Internet as a resource and research tool.
· Ability to handle privileged information in a confidential manner.
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and complete work with attention to detail.
· Good judgment and creative thinking to solve daily problems.
· Ability to read and carry out written instructions.
· Ability to understand and carry out verbal instructions.
· Interpersonal skills that support optimal public relations for the University.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
· Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
· Excellent concentration and attention to details required for extended periods of time in order to produce reports.
· Communication skills required to quickly organize and communicate thoughts.
· Ability to speak effectively with co-workers, public, and student populations.
· Ability to work independently.
Education and/or Experience:
· High School Graduate.
· Training in Business skills.
· 5 years experience as an Administrative Assistant preferred.
· Experience in higher education, Student Affairs, and/or medical/clinical settings preferred.
· Primarily sedentary desk work.
· Physical ability to lift, bend, and flex the upper body.
· Hand and finger dexterity for computer, calculator, copy machine, and telephone use.
· Must be able to express or change ideas by means of spoken word in person, or on the telephone.
· Ability to receive detailed information through verbal and written communication.
· Ability to read and write clear documents.
· Light lifting up to 20-30 pounds.
· Ability to push and pull carts.
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to build a welcoming and supportive campus environment, and acknowledge that diversity is an educational imperative to achieve excellence.